Thursday, July 11, 2013

Looking Back

Do you write in your Bible?     I do.

It's hard to explain to a 3 year old that it's ok for Mommy to write in her Bible when writing in books is NOT ALLOWED. Rules are so confusing. :)

Anyway--- I have written in my Bibles for forever. Once I even got a new Bible and 1st thing I did was hi-light my favorite verses.

The Bible I currently use is super special to me. I got it when we moved from Tennessee to Indiana in 2009. It was a time of change, a time of risk, a time of faith. I wanted and needed God's Word more than ever during that time. There were special verses that I would read and not only would I underline or hi-light them, but I would also date them and sometimes put a little blurb about what was going on in our lives at the time.

Today I was looking back; it's always healthy for me to take some time to look back and reflect on where I've been. God has done some amazing things in my life and I couldn't resist sharing what some of the verses that were underlined and the blurbs beside them. I never want to forget these.

Luke 12:22-26 "Then Jesus said to his disciples; 'Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable your are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to this life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?'"

These verses are underlined with the date 4/3/13 and the blurb says,  "we have an accepted offer on our Valpo house contingent on the buyer selling their house." *Tomorrow 07/12/13 we will close on that house. They have sold their house and after a new roof it's a done deal tomorrow! I am a little sad (mostly sentimental) since this is the house both boys came home to, but very relieved that we will no longer have two house/rent payments. Whew and to think of all the time I spent worrying when these very verses were the ones I read the day of the offer.


The next one was:
Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." This one is dated 09/02/2012 with ask, seek, & knock hi-lighted. Then I wrote my requests: 1. new baby 2. new job. God answered both. Daniel is now serving at The Chapel in Grayslake, IL. He took the job in November of 2012. And we are about to finalize Oakley's adoption on August 19, 2013. Oakley is currently 5 months old and doing so so well. We are getting adjusted nicely to being a family of four. Just thinking back we had no idea Oakley was even in the picture or when we would join our family on 09/02/2012, but God knew. What a miracle.


This season is ending- Selling our house tomorrow and finalizing Oakley's adoption next month are two HUGE milestones in our lives. But looking back always reminds me that there is a future. That there is more to come. That the God who has led us this far will continue leading us. He will remain faithful even when we are not. All of the looking back helps me push forward with a thankful heart. So glad God blessed us with the ability to have real and personal relationships with Him and I'm extremely grateful for his Word which is living and active.

1 comment:

mymakersgrain said...

always love it where Jesus tells us not to worry about anything. Seems to take forever to sink in. Not sure that it still has. It's an ongoing process I guess. Will be till finally get to sit on his knee.

All His best with your number four.
God bless
Antony Australia