Monday, November 12, 2007

Life in the Fast Lane

I got my first speeding ticket on Saturday.

I was heading to Smyrna from Clarksville (through Nashville) on I-24 and I was going 70 ..that's an appropriate speed for the interstate, right?!? But through Nashville (parallel to the stadium) it's 55mph not 65mph. UGH! So I see the cop and immediately slow down and immediately he pulls out and I know that I'm caught. BUT I'M ABOUT TO BE AT THE SPLIT OF I-24/I-40. Soooo I kept going....I created a little chase, not on purpose, but I was gonna be splitting left and you are supposed to pull over on the right hand side. So we went through the split and then I pulled over safely on the right. I DIDN'T CRY! And he was very very nice. He told me my options, pay the ticket or go to traffic school (they even have that online now.) And he told me to be careful pulling out onto the interstate.

When I got home Daniel had a card waiting for me that said- Cheer Up- I'm behind you all the way...(open to the inside)...If I can keep up!!!

At lunch yesterday, I told my parents which initiated stories about all their tickets from years past. Apparently fast driving comes from my dad's side of the family. :) He had lots of fun ticket stories that put my 70 in a 55 to shame.

3 comments:

Susan Wyatt said...

Online Traffic School is the way to go... FT attended that in a hotel in Murfreesboro the weekend of my brothers wedding! However, get your ticket paper work in or it will create a mess. I think in August (reminder the ticket was issued in Feb.) we finally got everything squared away and quit getting warning letters that his license was about to be suspended.

Amanda Boles said...

Traffic school sucks. I should know. I have been 8 times. I wish I was joking.

OKeedokey said...

Wow! Emily has the need for speed!!