Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Live as wise

I've been reading as a devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It is perfect for this season of my life. Such great depth and very thought provoking, but it doesn't take all day. WE have moments around here, barely seconds not hours on end. It's just not that season with a 3 year old and a 6 week old.

Each day there is a devotion and then a couple of verses to look up.
Some days I barely get to the verses, some days I keep reading, and some days I get so distracted by my iphone that I don't get the gist of what's being spoken to me.

But yesterday was different. The word was clear to me. I needed to take it and run w/ it. I needed to let it simmer. I needed to make some changes in my life because I had been in the Word that day.

Here's what I read- Ephesians 5:15 "Be very careful, then how you live- not as unwise, but as wise,"

Hmmmm. Am I just living life letting it happen to me and picking up what's left the best I can or am I living wisely? Am I being careful about the commitments I make and the company I keep? Am I living a life that is pleasing to the Lord and honoring to Him? Am I setting a good example for my boys? Am I being wise or just wastefully walking the path set before me?

One week from today we are moving. Life is crazy right now. We are definitely in a time of transition, but I feel like what better time to start paying attention. To not just let life happen to us, but to make wise choices moving forward.

I'm typing this as my house is a total disaster and we have a house showing tomorrow. So perfection will not be attained right here right now, but wisdom. To me that's different. Possibly even attainable. Hmmm. Still pondering this. I love it when the Lord plants a little seed and you want to cultivate it and learn more. I am eager to search His word and find more and more on wisdom. This could prove to be a daunting challenge, I'm just so thankful that my walk with the Lord is real and personal and that He speaks to me through His Word.

1 comment:

hondafactorypaintsucks said...

good luck with your house showing. Jesus is with you!