Wednesday, January 06, 2010

We are home

We made it home tonight and were welcomed by 4 inches of snow in our yard and someone from church had plowed our driveway and shoveled our sidewalks. I know that 4 inches is relative....Indiana folks probably think that is barely a dusting, but us folks from TN think that is a ton of snow.

I saw something today that I've NEVER seen before. I school parking lot that had been plowed with cars still in the parking lot and school still in session!

Hoping that my friends in Tennessee get a dusting so they can have a snow day tomorrow. :)

It's good to be home. Now just to get the Christmas stuff down and get everything settled.

4 comments:

Bullock Family said...

This is the fanciest blog design I have ever seen. We are all stocking up on groceries here in the good ol' south! Thanks for the snow wish! So glad you guys are home! Praying!
K

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking of you guys and wondering when you were coming back. Thought I would check you blog to see if you were back and low and behold you are! PS 4 inches of snow is nothing!!!!.....LOL. I don't even know what to begin to say to you- just know that there's a lot of people praying for you and your situation. It was rather cool to pray for you over speaker phone Sunday at church. Hope to see you guys again soon. Wishing you all the best in 2010! Rebecca Rusnak

Missy said...

So glad y'all made it home safely! Praying for you!

Merany :) said...

Em- I am glad you and Daniel made it home! I am praying and will continue to pray for you both and your future child! You will be a mom one day, Em!! I know you will. I wonder how God felt while He was waiting on us to come to Him. I am sure it is a similar feeling! Be patient. Psalms 37:4 "Delight yourselves in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!" :) And btw, West TN got some snow but still had to go to school! Boo! :) Love y'all!