I've been tagged by Kelly so I thought I'd at least answer the questions....
11 Fun Facts about ME:
1. The first conversation I had with my husband he jokingly said we would never date. :) Never say never.
2. One of my favorite books is Randy Alcorn's Safely Home.
3. I have had my two best friends for almost 20 years.
4. I lived in the same state or 30 years then moved 8 hours away.
5. The movie Bella changed my life.
6. Daniel and I were on the cover of a magazine promoting True Love Waits after we were married. (We both signed the cards as youth and followed through with our commitment.)
7. I accepted Christ as a 20 year old and immediately read a book about Grace.
8. I love to journal and have kept all my journals since 5th grade. (Last time we were home Daniel found the ones where I was boy crazy and had a good laugh.)
9. We have been a part of two church plants and have seen them both grow to at least 500 people. Watching people's lives change because of Christ gives us purpose and fuels us.
10. I am terrible at going to bed early, and get mad at myself often for staying up too late.
11. I love early mornings, but due to #10 I don't get to enjoy them often enough.
OK, and now the questions for those of us who Kelly tagged:
1. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla ice cream; Chocolate kids
2. What is your profession and is it what you always wanted to do? I'm a stay at home mom. I love it and am grateful to be able to do it, but it's not something I always dreamed I'd do.
3. Where is your dream vacation locale? Iceland- someone once told me Iceland was green and Greenland was icy. I think I need to go see for myself. :)
4. Favorite food/recipe...and feel free to share the recipe! I LOVE carbs and Italian food, but am trying to not eat quite so many of that variety.
5. Favorite Scripture or quote? Job 42:2 "I know that you can do all things, no plan of yours can be thwarted." & Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for their is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."
6. First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word "diet." BLAH. :(
7. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what's 1 thing on it? not really, but I would love to go snorkeling again and would love to learn to snow ski...but I'm generally too chicken to try.
8. What is your favorite color? turquoise right now, my whole life it's been yellow. Yellow and turquoise make a good pair I guess. I just can't not say yellow since I'm such a loyal person I feel like I'm cheating on yellow. (My poor bridesmaids had to wear yellow dresses----sorry ladies.)
9. Last movie that you saw? Swordfish, it was actually pretty good.
10. One pet peeve you have is...? Fabrics/blankets that are so soft they catch on any rough skin on your hands or feet....oh and mildewy smelling clothes. yuck.
11. One thing that makes you smile is...? My husband bringing home flowers randomly.
11 Questions if you want to answer questions.
1. What's your favorite book?
2. If you could have dinner with 6 people who would they be?
3. If you were given $200 on top of your regular budget what would you spend it on?
4. If you were given $200 that you had to give away who would you give it to and why?
5. What was your favorite Bible story or children's book when you were growing up?
6. What's your favorite blog or website?
7. What's your favorite restaurant and item off the menu?
8. What is your favorite day of the year?
9. What was your favorite celebration of 2011? (think- wedding, party, shower, etc.)
10. What is your favorite sport to participate in or watch?
11. What is your dream car---that you would really have to drive around town?
Consider yourself tagged if you are reading this and aren't a spammer. :)
It would also be fun to hear from....
Deborah- ok Deb you haven't posted since Manny was born...that was 2 years ago. We need some updates!
Mom---you should totally start a blog. Answer these questions as your first post. That would be fun!
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you've tagged.
4. Tag eleven people and link them on your post
5. Let them know you've tagged them!