Sunday, March 09, 2008

Scrapbooking mishap

Yesterday I was scrapbooking- which I hadn't done in a long time. After finishing one page I picked up my favorite cutting tool and pop- it broke. I seriously almost cried. Daniel made a remark about how I picked it up and seemed to be saying it was my own fault. I quickly told him that that was not the right thing to say. That if he broke his favorite microphone then he would probably be upset at well. That all recording for that day would be done, even if it was his own fault. He immediately recanted and apologized. I had a little moment because this is not the time I want to be spending money on something fun, something that I already had. Usually I would have just thrown it away and gone out to get a new one, but we've been trying to reduce, reuse, and recycle as well as be frugal. So after my moment of mourning I went to find the super glue. There was just one little piece that broke that the other piece fit into to allow it to swivel. I glued that piece back on and IT WORKED...IT REALLY WORKED!!! I was able to continue scrapbooking after it dried. I was so excited. What a generation we live in though where we just throw stuff away if it doesn't work anymore. That made me think, are there other things that I have given up on that just needed a little mending? Things that were broken, relationships that needed work, jobs that I gave up on before they were finished. Hmmm. That was my thought for the day yesterday thanks to my scrapbooking mishap. :)

2 comments:

OKeedokey said...

Congrats on being Miss "Fix it"

You know how some people (usually men) can just fix "anything", well, I think it would be so cool if I could do that.

Way to go with the super glue. Super glue and Duct tape are supposed to fix anything right?

Lauren said...

I broke the measuring thingy off my cutterpede not long after getting it... I think it's too close to the joint to superglue it,it made me so sick. :( Congrats on fixing whtever you broke!