Saturday, February 23, 2008

Valentines Day on a Budget

This year we tried not to spend a lot of money on Valentines, but still make it special. My request was a caramel apple, Daniel's was Starbucks coffee to have at home.

Apparently my request was a little harder than I anticipated. We had seen caramel apples at Wal-mart a couple of weeks ago, but the week before Valentine's Day they vanished. Daniel went to Wal-mart, Food Lion, Kroger, Dollar General Market, and Target without finding one single caramel apple or caramel apple kit. He even researched it online.
So here's what he did....he created a homemade caramel apple factory to have ready for me when I got home from subbing.







The finished product was amazing!
It was as good as Mrs. Prindable's if I do say so myself.



No comments: