Monday, January 14, 2008

Flash back + Fast forward = TODAY

I subbed today at Kenwood Middle School. Before I decided to travel with Daniel and go on tour representing World Vision, I worked at Kenwood Elementary School- for 4 years. Today was a flashback to the kids I'd loved on and encouraged and taught in the past plus a fast forward to seeing them taller and older and more middle schoolerish. :)
I saw lots of familiar faces and got lots of "Mrs. Doss!!!" exclamations. They must have wondered how and why I jumped into their new world at the Middle School since I'd been a constant at the Elementary School for so long. It was great to get to see them and to know that I did make a difference.

***Also a shout out to my small group! What a great group of people God has placed alongside me during this time in my life-thank your for lifting me up in your prayers. This is our 2nd generation of small groups at Grace and it's neat to see how two groups can be very different, but how they can both be so wonderful. I love you guys! Those of you not in a small group need one immediately.***

No comments: