Friday, August 03, 2007

"Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk"

That phrase came to mind the other day at Wal-mart. :)

As I was checking out I grabbed the bag that had milk in it and the bag split.
The milk jug hit the floor and BUSTED....A WHOLE GALLON OF MILK WENT EVERYWHERE....including all over my flip-flopped foot. ugh.
I didn't make a big deal about it because the cashier was pretty panicked himself.
He said it was the 2nd spill he'd had to clean up and on his way to work he'd had a flat tire. He proceeded to tell the cashier next to him that he was going to clean it up with kleenex. She, the cashier next door, suggested he call maintenance and get a mop. She actually called maintenance for him and said over the loudspeaker, "Maintenance to Register 8. Liquid spill at Register 8, LARGE LIQUID SPILL."
I really wanted to giggle the whole time, but tried to hold it together.
It was no one's fault, the whole set of bags had a huge tear in them. The cashier even went to the back and got me another gallon of milk. I think that allowed him to escape from the scene for a little bit and calm down.

I sure hope he had a better day after I left. :)

1 comment:

OKeedokey said...

I'm glad you had a giggle about all that. You painted a funny picture with your words. It's funny he was so panicked and she was so "ready" to respond to the LARGE LIQUID SPILL!