Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Soap Opera

Daniel makes fun of me because I LOVE to watch NEWS CHANNEL 5.
Yes this is what I'm refering to as my soap opera. I watch not only for the news coverage, but for the inside scoop into the newscasters lives. I think they are my friends. :) My favorite parts of the newscasts are the transitions between the news anchor and the weatherman. Sometimes they give glimpses into their personal lives and that is what I like to see.
As long as I've been alive Chris Clark has been the main newscaster for the 5pm, 6pm, and 10pm news slots. I grew up watching News Channel 5. Luckily I didn't go too far away to college and I was still able to watch it there as well. This past week they have had tributes to him because he is retiring today after 41 years in Nashville and 46 years in the industry. **Even Oprah had words of thanks to Chris for hiring her early in her career.**
I'm happy for him, but very very sad to see him go. I will continue to be a News Channel 5 junkie....espeically now that they are the only local channel to have HiDef news. His last words were of humility and that he was proud to be a part of something great. He gave honor to the other members of the News Channel 5 staff who are behind the scenes.
Goodbye Chris (yes I think we are on a first name basis, although I've never met him) have fun with your grandsons! You will be missed!!!

No comments: