Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Manny's Favorite Song

I'm trying to capture video proof, but have not been able to yet.
Manny has a favorite song. Amanda Boles made it up and it goes like this.

Man---ny, Man---ny, Manny Manny Doss is my name, it's my name.

We sing it occasionally, not an everyday song like Twinkle Twinkle or Jesus Loves Me. Just randomly when I think of it. It's cute and catchy. Amanda sang it with her girls and actually used their first and middle names. Poor Manny will be one of those kids in school that is called by a name that is not his first of middle name. Oh well.

Back to the song. He LOVES THIS SONG. He will smile really big when we sing it. And here lately he's started grunting the inflections to the rhythm. No real words are coming out, but you can tell EXACTLY what song he's singing.

Isn't that the way we are? All of us have a favorite song and it's generally all about us. I hope and pray that the song I sing reflects my love for Jesus and that He is my everything. I know so many times the tune that gets stuck in my head is me me me me me.

1 comment:

Ashlie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.