Sunday, May 02, 2010

Praying for Tennessee

I feel the same way I did in January of 1999.
That was when the deadly tornado hit my hometown of Clarksville, TN. I was watching on the news while I was away at college with disbelief. The things that looked familiar were suddenly gone or devastated.

Last night we were watching the news from Tennessee (thanks internet). There are major floods and the images were unbelievable. Portable building floating down the "river" which used to be the interstate. Interstate traffic where now you can only see the tops of cars.

There was a video of a rescue of an 18 wheeler's driver. At one point Daniel mentioned that the only time he's seen anything like it was in the movies due to special effects.

So far all of our family is safe, but many roads have been washed away and there is more rain predicted for today.

Hoping people play it safe today and that the waters don't leave too much damage.

2 comments:

dgsandbjsmom said...

We had a tornado touch down and kill a lady about 6 or 7 miles from our house. We have heard that the interstate is closed in 4 or 5 places between Jackson and Nashville and even Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville and The MED in Memphis are flooding. Scary stuff.

Cassi Wolski said...

Thanks for the prayers Emily. We are safe. We had some flooding, but nothing to crazy other areas got it much worse. The building on the interstate was at Bell Rd(Exit 59) on I 24 that is about 8 miles from our house. I can't believe the devestation. I hope you guys are well. Kiss Manny for me. :)