Saturday, March 06, 2010

What a difference a year makes

One year ago today we visited Valparaiso, IN for the first time.

We had a great weekend, but I was FREEZING the whole time. People had on short sleeves. I was blown away. Today I have such a nice day out. It's 42 degrees out today and now I'm not even going to wear a coat today. What a difference a year makes.

2009 was definitely the hardest year of my life. But we made it. We are investing in a church plant now in Valparaiso that just launched 7 community groups and is weekly experiencing changed lives. It is truly amazing and I am so glad that one year ago God stirred our hearts to come and serve here. (And today Kim from GracePoint is getting baptized...I remember the Sunday she accepted Christ- Daniel looked at her and said- This is why we are here.) WOW happy anniversary!

And the most noticeable difference a year makes is that now I'm a mom. I still can't get over that at times. I'm FINALLY a mom. Definitely amazing and wonderful and sleep deprived all at the same time. :)

So glad to get to show around a TN gal on our first anniversary. "Aunt" Holly came to visit and spoil little Manny man a bit. hehe.

No comments: