Monday, October 13, 2008

Tidbits

We got to have dinner with Tony and Melanie on Friday night. So much fun- chatting, playing Blokus, eating a wonderful meal, ahhhh the joy of friendship.


I got to hold Baby Jayda on Saturday. PRECIOUS. She is so addicting. The more I spend time with her the more I fall in love with her. I'm so glad Duke and Amanda got to come to Clarksville for a brief visit.


Heard a quote from a movie trailer for Call and Response- "Justice is what love looks like in public." This reminds me of our Community Group study we've recently started called: Get Uncomfortable. I'm loving it- it's challenging us to look at world poverty and social injustice in a new light and to think about what actions need to be taken. One of my favorite parts was the book saying that some people keep their eyes closed to the situations around them, but it's challenging us to open our eyes and do something about it.

Daniel was gone this weekend- things I noticed- the toilet seat stayed down, the house was super quiet (no spontaneous singing), there were a lot less laughs, there were less dirty dishes. I do love my alone time, but I'm glad that he's home. Every time he's gone for a short little bit I am reminded of my friends whose husbands are in the military and how hard it must be to live without your man for a year at a time or longer. You ladies amaze me!

I had a great day at church on Sunday. I sat by myself and then spoke to the lady sitting closest to me on my way out- she was also by herself. This was only the 2nd time she's come and she loves it. She was very nice and said she has 4 kids. I totally could have left without speaking to her, but I'm so glad I did choose to speak up. I hope she comes again and maybe (since by default we tend to sit in the same general area) we'll sit alone together again.

I love our new Starting Point class. It meets in our home which I love and is a great way for us to meet new people from Grace Community. (And they are a lot of fun!) I can't wait until Tuesday night!


This week on Wednesday I'm going with the Daniel Doss Band guys to the Chicago area. We're playing at a church that we stopped at on the tour in Southern Illinois and we are then going to one of Daniel's high school friend's churches in Indiana- near Chicago. Should be fun!

No comments: