Sunday, December 02, 2007

Great Sermon

Today was great at Grace Community Church in Clarksville, TN! Do you ever have those mornings where you just want to stay in bed? I was totally feeling that this morning, but boy was I glad I got up and got going. (I am the Worship Pastor's wife so I don't get the privilege of staying in bed that often. ha) Anyway the sermon was wonderful and very challenging. You can check it out at www.gcomchurch.com
Chad talked about three things that fight against us at Christmas- 1. Time- fitting everything into the already busy schedules we have.
2. Obligation- getting gifts for those that we are obligated to without any meaning at all.
3. Deception- trying to be the perfect little family without out any troubles in the world, but reality is that we are not as perfect as we seem.

He ended by reminding us of the focus of Christmas- Christ's birth instead of the all the distractions.

No comments: