Monday, March 14, 2011

Couch to 5K is working for me.

I'm on week 3 as of today.
And I did it!!! I usually start the Couch to 5K program and then quit before getting this far.

Tonight I went and ran late. It took me back to the days when Amanda and I would take our dogs to Rossview and walk/jog late at night. :)

Now I have to schedule a time when Daniel can watch Manny so I can sneak out of the house. Usually that means first thing in the morning, but today I just couldn't get up. We had an amazing, but LONG day at church yesterday. After church there was a meal and then a membership class. Manny was DONE being there and would not take a nap there so we came on home. He was asleep by the time I got out of the parking lot.

So today after daylight savings time throwing of our schedule. (I always admire those people who put their kids to bed a few minutes early or later each night before the time change, but I'm not smart enough to figure out whether to keep him up later or put him to bed earlier so we just have to wing it.)

Anyway there was NO WAY I was getting up early this morning to jog. But I found out our gym stays open till 11pm so I went around 9:45pm. AND I DID IT!! I jogged the prescribed amount of 1:30 then walked 1:30 then jogged 3 minutes, then walked 3 minutes then repeated that whole thing. I only thought I was gonna die once, but I had like 7 seconds left on the last three minutes so I pulled through and kept jogging. Whew. I am so proud of myself and feeling like a wimp all at the same time. There are people out there running 1/2 marathons and marathons, but I have a goal of running a 5k and that is what I have to focus on. :)

1 comment:

Ashley Elizabeth said...

SO PROUD OF YOU!!! I've found running to be one of the most holy things I do in a day. Something about the sound of my feet hitting the ground clears my head and heart, and settles me into the presence of the Almighty. Keep it up!