Sunday, February 22, 2009

Irony of sorts

The Daniel Doss Band is gone for the weekend. (for this little introvert girl I was glad to get the house to myself, but sad to miss out on a ministry opportunity.)

It has been brought to my attention that for some strange reason I miss out on all the amazing accommodations.

For instance- a couple of years ago the guys got to stay at Mark Hall's house (the lead singer for Casting Crowns). They came back with all kinds of pics and stories. I stayed home because at that time I was teaching. :) The next year we went back to do the same event and I got to attend, but they put us up in a hotel.

Once we were in Dallas and we had driven the Trailblazer w/ the trailer. The guys had to be in Orlando the next day and so I volunteered to drive them to the airport and drive the trailer all the way home. I made it just fine- and got to stop at Deborah's on my way home....but the guys, they got to go to a theme park, eat at some snazzy restaurants and stay in a super nice hotel.

And....this weekend- I'm staying home because I took a long term sub job and they headed out to Georgia. They are leading worship for a Disciple Now and then doing a concert Sunday Night at a church on the way home. And they get to stay in a M-A-N-S-I-O-N!!! One that has a bowling alley, a 40 seat theater, some pools, etc.

So maybe I need to stay home more often so they can live it up. ha!
I love those guys and am so glad they are having a good weekend and able to minister to students and adults alike. They are so good at it and they are just great guys with sincere hearts....but guys- just don't brag around me too much- I might get sad. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I got to attend the "concert in Georgia on the way home", and it was AWESOME! Definitely a ministry opportunity. Dinner for the guys could've been Papa John's Pizza if they would've wanted it. haha

Chastity

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Man, I think you should go with them EVERY time so you get to do the cool stuff too! LOL One of our best friends is in a Christian band and he's gotten some pretty cool gigs/accommodations too. I love reading about their adventures!

Unknown said...

I was also one of those "Sunday" concert goers. First one to buy a t-shirt!
I was blessed, so thanks for sending them on...but next time come with, so we can see you, too!
Laura

Unknown said...

I was also one of those "Sunday" concert goers. First one to buy a t-shirt!
I was blessed, so thanks for sending them on...but next time come with, so we can see you, too!
Laura