I'll have to say when my parents said- "Let's try something different for Christmas this year." It didn't scare me at all. It was kind of exciting to hear. I was talking on the phone to a friend today and I said something about maybe LET'S TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT THIS YEAR should have been my theme for 2008. I was thinking about how many new things I've tried and how I've become a better person. So this year if Christmas isn't exactly the same it might be nice. Both of my grandmothers- my mom's mom, and my dad's mom, aren't in great health and can't do much traveling this year....so we're going to take Christmas to them and end up having two Christmases! It will be different than having Christmas at my parents house, but hey why not try something new....it will be a great closing to this "try something new" year. :)
This year we've tried lots of new things:
1. Being happy even when we dislike the circumstances God has put around us with infertility....and going public with our story.
2. Going on tour with Avalon, Michael English, and Cadia. Visiting 32 cities and living in a tour bus....and having the amazing opportunity to work for World Vision.
3. Working for Daniel and the Daniel Doss Band trying to handle lots of details....anyone ever tried to work for you husband....definitely a learning curve to that one. :) Lucky for me I have a wonderful husband who makes me better as a person and is great to spend time with!
4. Going on vacation with friends...first Louisville, then the beach!
5. Thinking about and beginning the adoption process.
6. Traveling with the Daniel Doss Band and setting up the merchandise....entering a "new" place every single time and meeting new people along the way. *That has probably been one of my most favorite things of the year- getting to listen to and meet people right where they are, in the midst of life.
7. Volunteering at our local soup kitchen.
8. Beginning a Starting Point Group that met at our house.
9. Attending Bible Study with the Pastor's Wives from our church- what a unity building experience, reminding me we are all on the same team!
10. Watching one of my best friends become a parent....and becoming an honorary Aunt!
I wonder what '09 will bring!?! Hopefully something new! ha!