Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hostess with the Mostess Award

I made it home safe from Dallas, TX w/ the trailer!!! I decided to call Deborah (Daniel's sister) and see if she wanted to eat dinner in Jackson, TN. She lives about 15-20 minutes away from I-40 so I thought I'd see if she could meet me- and I needed a break from driving.

*We left the camp in Oklahoma at 6am and drove to Dallas (due south) for 3 hours- thankfully Bryan drove from the camp to the airport- then I dropped the guys off and started heading home. My GPS said I'd be home by 8pm....welllllll that doesn't count lunch stops and potty breaks, so I made it to meet Deb for dinner at 6pm....not bad since she only live 2.5 hours from Clarksville. I was so excited though when she asked if I could spend the night. I had not seen her new house yet- she lives with a friend and fellow teacher in Milan named Ashley. I was so grateful, and stopping there for the night sounded glorious.

You know some of those people who have all kinds of nice things and when you go to their house you are instantly jealous...well Deborah is that girl. She has the coolest stuff- a coffee maker that makes one cup at a time, Lock-n-Lock tupperware, a aluminum foil container, a pineapple peeler, fun plates and cups that match, cute decor, great sheets on the guest bed, etc. Everything she has is very practical and gets used often, she knows what she likes and then gets good use out of it. I think I'll like something and use it only to get it and leave it on the shelf till it's time for a yard sale....

I was blown away at what a great host she was- entertaining is definitely her forte. I mean I shouldn't be surprised she is so thoughtful. We stayed up late and chatted then we got to sleep late- we had brunch and it was amazing- they have one of those cool waffle irons where you flip the waffle over. It was great- crunchy and fluffy all at the same time. We also had sausage and bacon. It's the best breakfast I've had in a really long time. *And did I mention this was a spur of the moment stop.....it's not like she had time to get all the good stuff together because a guest was coming.

I love Deborah and I wish she lived closer, but since she doesn't I get to go visit and be completely pampered. So Deborah gets the award for being the Hostess with the Mostess!
I love you Deb and thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww Em - that is one of the sweetest things that has ever been written about me!!!! *TEARS* I had a blast and have a bed waiting for you anytime!!! Next time I'll cook you dinner!! I LOVE YOU TOO!!!! *SMILE* -Deb

Mel said...

That's really sweet! I'm jealous I don't have a sister-in-law!!