Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Weddings weddings everywhere

Today I recieved a wedding invitation in the mail, Monday Daniel and I met with a couple we are doing marriage counseling with, this past weekend I got an invitation to a shower from a high school friend that I did not even know was engaged. Why do weddings excite us so much as ladies???
Maybe I can enjoy weddings because I have such an amazing marriage. I remember our wedding day was so wonderful. Seven years later...yes I said SEVEN....we have an amazing marriage. That one day was just the beginning. Weddings are great and wonderful and a celebration, but they are also a starting point. I'm sure that is hard for the bride to hear who is knee deep in planning, I remember thinking if we just make it to the honeymoon we'll be fine. Looking back that was so fun, but our love has grown so much. I wouldn't take anything for what we have now. Daniel asked me recently if marriage was as good as I expected it to be. Hmmmmm. My response was that I never imagined it'd be this amazing. This week is my spring break so we've had lots of time to just hang out and relax. It's been so much fun and I can't say enough that we have such a wonderful marriage. May 27th will be our 7th anniversary and that is so crazy to me. What fun we've had and I pray that all my friends get to experience this same amazing love.

1 comment:

OKeedokey said...

I'm so happy to know another happily married couple. I wish we could spend more time together. Happy 7th anniversary next month.