Sunday, November 12, 2006

Back to UTM

This past weekend I went to a Physical Education conference at UT-Martin where I graduated.
I was so excited because I really enjoy reminiscing. I went to my classes, but during lunch break I roamed around campus and enjoyed the beautiful fall day. Fall days generally take my mind back to those fun fall days on campus. It was gorgeous with all the trees turning colors and leaves swirling in the wind. I was so taken back...way back....then I started feeling like it was a LONG time ago that I lived there in those moments. Then I realized it was a LONG TIME AGO!!! It has been almost 5 years since I graduated college and the time has flown by. I felt out of place there at the place that at that time felt like home. I'm so proud of where I am now and what God is showing me. I'm excited about the journey He's leading me on and all the new adventures, but the visit to Martin was so surreal. I wanted to walk by my old dorm and think through all those memories, but the dorm has been torn down and a new one is going to be built in its place. I definitely don't think they should have kept the old dorms and am happy for the new students to have a nicer place to stay, but man was I surprised.
So next time I go back to Martin I'll re-live a different set of memories and enjoy them all the same. :)

No comments: